indie scent

Great songs from indie bands and labels that don't mind sharing the occasional song online, in four categories:

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Pungent Indie Rock

Head Like A Kite - Noisy at the Circus (3mb mp3 from the band's label)
Perhaps not the most original sound, but any fan of Tegan & Sara or the Breeders will probably love this (which reminds me that I haven't linked to any T&S yet, for shame). It's very perky, with simple, head-bopping guitar chords forming the backbone of the song, and catchy girlie vocals keeping things fun. Maybe a touch of the Pixies, but more pop and less Frank.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any post with three of my favourite bands is probably going to earn a listen. I visit your headspacej site but never noticed this site. I've been looking around for some new things to listen to, this will help. You should suggest my brother check this out, his tastes are somewhat limited. I've been trying to get him to branch out for years, to no avail. Listening to your playlist right now, that Matt Mays sure is good. I'll even let him get away with the blatant Neil Young rip-offs.

8:04 p.m.  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I probably shouldn't toss around big-name references flippantly like that -- it raises expectations way too high. Let me know if you think any of these songs measure up. I know you've got pretty high standards for your listening choices and I'm kind of all over the board with the tunes I'm picking.

4:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home