indie scent

Great songs from indie bands and labels that don't mind sharing the occasional song online, in four categories:

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Heavier Aromas

30 Seconds to Mars - Attack (2.5mb mp3 from UNCLE promo)
With layers of vocal harmonies and glistening walls of distortion throughout, many indie fans would probably consider this too slick and overproduced. I don't care. I'm a sucker for great production values and it makes little difference to me whether these guys can pull off their sound live. The only really bothersome thing is that me liking this means I probably haven't truly moved beyond the days of being a fan of Skid Row. I've thought about this more often lately, realizing that the new emo-pop-punk-rock stuff I'm hearing now isn't that different from Def Leppard's Hysteria era, complete with gang-harmony vocals and sappy ballads about lost love, while still somewhat attempting to rock out. Sheepish nostalgia aside, this is a worthy tune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home